The Campsie Project

An account of the renovation of The Neglected House on the Wonderful Street in Wonderful Downtown Lexington, Kentucky.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

An email from a friend

Sonya had lived in my house for a year while I was in NY. I don't know if it's requisite for a Dental Hygienist (which she is), but she has one of the world's winningest smiles and is a dear sweet person whom I've always adored. Enough so that I entrusted my house to her, as my first tenant, while I traipsed off for Manhattan and the Internet Wars. While I was gone, I was especially happy when she left what seemed like an unfulfillng relationship and got hitched to Todd, an inspired renovator/contractor who treated her with more the accord deserving of such a delightful soul. Never mind that her new man ended her tenure as my tenant. Anyway, I took a bit of notice (just a bit) when I got this CC'd email from Sonya, at the end of October 2004:

Hello all,

Sonya here. We are looking for good neighbors through networking.
Campsie is the coolest street in my neighborhood. If you know
someone on the search, please pass this onward. Send out the Word

  • 239 Campsie Place
  • $89,900
  • approx. 1860 S.f.
  • Living room is 30 ft wide..could be 2 rooms
  • Dining room
  • updated kitchen..dishwahser and old range stay
  • law foot tubs 2 full baths..one on each floor
  • 3 bedrooms on first floor and 3 on second floor.
  • one bedroom on second floor is open..could be home office or family room
    also could make into owner's suite..small bedroom could be walk in
    closet..second bedroom could be sitting room/office.
  • Lots of possibilties for living in this house.
  • basement has washer and dryer hook up
  • house appears to be solid.
  • really neat covered side porch
  • nice back yard
  • I think it has hot water boiler heat but could not bet to it to see.
  • 37 years of stuff to be removed
  • according to pva the house is 64 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home