The Campsie Project

An account of the renovation of The Neglected House on the Wonderful Street in Wonderful Downtown Lexington, Kentucky.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Getting a foot in..

I'm still trying to understand how to post pictures, but in the meantime, here's the link to the Ofoto album of prelimary shots of the Campsie house. This will give you some idea of what we got goin' here.

I'm going to share some history of our purchase. Hopefully in digestable chunks.

Lucy and have played with the idea of buying a house for a couple of years probably. but it seems like such a herculean task, that it always unraveled before it could even get started. There were so many questions. and then questions nested in questions. things like (but not limited to): where? what style? duplex or single-family? how much do we spend?

I already have a house, my duplex on Bassett, and have enjoyed the challenges of a tenant/owner occupied house. But lucy wasn't so keen on this. And so it was a constant stumbling block, the main one, I think. In fall 2004, I got an email from my friend Sonya, who's husband Todd is a historic home renovator. I'd been somewhat aware that the two of them had been laying careful seige to a sort of ghetto inland of downtown lexington, the Martin Luther King area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home