The Campsie Project

An account of the renovation of The Neglected House on the Wonderful Street in Wonderful Downtown Lexington, Kentucky.

Monday, February 07, 2005

this is the campsie project

this is my first blog message. it's kind of just put one foot in front of the other, I guess. I still don't really understand how this works, but wanted to see.

this is about 239 Campsie Place, a 1920's house in Lexington, Kentucky. the house was bought on January 31, 2004, by me and lucy. It's a project and it needs help. it's what is known as a "fixer-upper." This is something that I've wanted to do, in theory for years. Just to see, you know, if it's the kind of thing that I want to do. do home renovation. they say that the average person in modern america will switch careers, um, oh, i don't know how many times. anyway, i'm wondering about this. and i've always wondered about switching to some sort of hand-intensive job, like fixin' stuff, or buildin' stuff. years ago, i remember hearing that a casual acquaintence had moved away "to go to ship-building school." this is a guy who owned a restaurant. I've never forgotten that for some reason, and sometimes when I wonder "what I'm supposed to be doing," I think "I'm going to shipbuilding school."

Well, that hasn't happened yet.

but i think renovating this house with lucy might be the equivalent, as well as many other things.

I've told people this and now I'll say it again: I just want to know for a fact that I hate remodeling houses. THEN I can stop thinking that I want to do this.

So we'll see.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Well this is just fantastic news! Congratulations on the house and your entry into the addictive (highly addictive) blogging world. I have been wonderin' and wonderin' about you guys and now I can read all about you! Whee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home