The Campsie Project

An account of the renovation of The Neglected House on the Wonderful Street in Wonderful Downtown Lexington, Kentucky.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Latest

Well folks...We're gettin' down to the nitty gritty now! Every day reveals a new face for Campsie Place. This is the good part I've been waiting for. I like the demolition and the finish work-what comes in the interim I can do without!

Super floorman, Tim Taylor (not the "toolman"), blew through with his youthful staff from Lawrenceburg leaving us spectacularly refinished wood floors upstairs. I have been doing some painting. So far I've actually picked colors right off of the color charts. No taking in items of clothing or magazine pages for color match. I'm color confident!

Although I put in 10 years in the lighting business yet I have no confidence in my ability to install a light fixture. Luckily (and surprisingly) Mick has been the patient one in this department. He has safely and successfully put up the faboo bath sconces AND the medicine cabinet is up-level and centered! I'm amazed with his trouble-shooting abilities. At one point he came to where I was painting, grumbling, "This is the hardest math problem I've ever had to solve!" Here this kids! Math is sooooo important in life!

So with all this hard work done we feel the need to take a vacation. We're headed to Gatlinburg for the big Eckler Family Reunion (my Mom's family) then Mick's having some (more) "Mick time" and I'm heading to the beach with my Mom, Dad, Sister and her family. Mick and I will meet up again for the last part of the week for an excursion of our own before we head back into the grind. The plumber is working today to finish the installation of the fixtures in the bath. Once that's done it's time to MOVE!

4 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger lolliloobedoo said...

Photos please!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Mick said...

photos can be seen right here!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Have fun in beloved Gatlinburg!
Very excited about your house!
Woo-hoo!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Mick said...

did you say "beloved" and "gatlinburg" in the same sentence? good lord, woman!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home